Sunday 25 October 2009

Christian Louboutin for Barbie

I think it's fair to say Barbie now has everything I've ever wanted from life.

Christian Louboutin has signed up with Mattel to do three limited edition Barbie dolls head-to-toe, that he describes as inspired by Nefertiti and Marylin Monroe.

The three dolls will be released separately. The first, to be released in December, is the jewel thief-themed Barbie; in February, a safari-themed Barbie, & for May, Louboutin designed a Barbie that goes to the Cannes Film Festival. Strangely - none of the Barbie's have the classic blonde hair.

The dolls will be packaged in Louboutin shoe boxes & each come with four pairs of Barbie-size Louboutin heels. I don't think there is much else to be said other than "Damn Barbie, you got it going ooooon".










1 comment:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Barbie is so fabulous. It's weird to have the same sentiment I had when I was 4 but - "wouldn't it be so fun to be her?"