Saturday surprise is the name i give to those "whats in my fridge/pantry" recipes! Sometimes its Sunday Surprise and sometimes weekday surprise. It all depends on when i have those "oh crap i haven't been shopping in a while" moments.
Today's surprise is one of my best so far... its really yummy, and i say that with my mouth full of it. Here is a big of a dodgy pic -
and here is the recipe! Please note that this is a Ad-Hoc recipe so there are no set measurements.
Saturday Surprise - Bacon/Tomato Pasta
Diced Bacon Pieces
about 6 vine ripened mini Roma tomato's (chopped to preffered size)
1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
a decent splash of red wine - i used Shiraz
Approx 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
1/2 Cup of cream
sprinkling of 'Italian Herbs' (from a bottle)
1 heaped teaspoon of sugar
Parmesan cheese for serving (i like loads)
Nob of butter
1. Cook the egg noodles (any noodles will do but i prefer the texture of egg noodles) in salty water. Drain and put to the side.
2. In the same pan (at low-medium heat), pour in a good helping of oil and throw in minced garlic (i have jar of the stuff lying around just in case and used this).
3. Once the oil and garlic have had a minute to meld together add the chopped tomato's and let them fry for a little while. Pour in the red wine and let the tomato's soak it up.
4. Once the liquid has reduced a bit add in the diced bacon, Italian herbs, sugar and about two tablespoons of tomato paste. let this all fry and mix up together.
5. After a couple of minutes (when the bacon is cooked) add in cream and stir in. Add a nob of butter and an extra dash of salt then toss through the noodles.
Feel free to add whatever you like. It was so yum and I'm so full! I'm glad this surprise was a good one :) I've had a few dodgy ones!!! hahaha
Love and kisses on both cheeks,