Monday 17 March 2008

To Quiche, Or Not To Quiche?

Well, I'm a bit late in writing to you all, but i did reach another of my weekly recipe resolutions!! Wooohooo!



I made Mini Impossible Quiche's... Impossible you say?

Let me inform you- impossible quiche is a quiche where you don't use a pastry. It has self raising flour in the egg mixture which sinks to the bottom and creates a sort of pretend pastry. Great for us lazy girls who don't feel like coming home and making a big batch of pastry shells!!!

Anyway my quiche's were Bacon & Broccoli because i love broccoli and because what is a quiche without bacon???

Here is the recipe I used and it made 12 Large Mini Impossible Quiches (yes i get that that sentence is an oxymoron!)

Mini Impossible Quiches - Makes 12

3 large eggs

1 cup of Milk (I used full cream)

1/2 cup of thickened cream (optional - you can just add half a cup extra milk instead if you like)

6 large broccoli florets chopped roughly

1 hand full of bacon pieces (or about a cup)

1 cup of cheese (I used tasty)

1 cup self raising flour

Oil spray (yes my lovely Woolies home brand again!)

1. preheat oven to 200C

2. Cook bacon for a couple minutes to your liking - i like mine well cooked. I used frozen broccoli so i cooked mine in the microwave until tender. Whisk together milk, flour, eggs and cream.

3. spray a cup cake tin with oil. Evenly portion the cheese, broccoli and bacon between cup cake moulds. Pour over egg/milk mixture.

4. Cook in oven for about ten minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Please please please don't over cook this as like any eggs, its horrible when its not light and fluffy.

Tada!! Mini Impossible Quiche! You can also do this in one dish and bake for about 20 - 30 minutes. I was quite surprised how easily these slipped out of the pan. I also like to sprinkle cheese over the top of the quiches because I'm a cheese-oholic.

Love and kisses on both cheeks,

Sunny xxx

No comments: